Senior Center Policies
To become a participant in the Senior Center Program, you must be sixty (60) years of age and live in the city limits of Valley.
The following are the policies of the Valley Senior Center.
1. On the days you will not be eating lunch or will not be home for homebound meals please contact the Senior Center at 334-756-5265 by 9:30A.M. EST the day before.
2. If you miss on two different occasions without prior notification, you will be taken off the program and put back on the waiting list.
3. Meals will be served at noon for those eating at the Center.
4. The Center will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M - 2:00 P.M. EST. The Center is closed on holidays and may be closed on other days around holidays. If you are not sure the center is open please call 334-756-5265.
5. The Valley Senior Center is funded by the City of Valley. All seniors are invited to participate in activities that the Valley Senior Center provides throughout the year incluing trips, games, exercise, parties, and bingo. The seniors also have the opportunity to participate in the District and State Senior Masters Games and May Day in Talladega. Some of these activities may involve a small fee.
6. Programs will be given on occasion such as: health, nutrition, and current information about services that you may need. Please, let us know, if we can assist you.
7. The meal are provided through the Alabama Department of Senior Services who strive to provide healthy balanced meals Monday-Friday for both the Valley Senior Center and homebound participants. Meals are limited and participation may require you to be put on a waiting list. You may make a voluntary and confidential donation for your meal and these donations help cover the cost of the meals and additional expenses incurred by the City of Valley. There is a donation box located near the Center sign-in sheet for your convenience.
Senior Center Transportation
The Senior Center uses 3 buses that deliver homebound meals. We also provide transportation for seniors to and from the Senior Center so that all seniors in the City of Valley have an opportunity to participate in all the Senior Center activities. You may also make a voluntary confidential contribution for transportation services. This bus begins picking up the seniors at 9 AM. After all the meals for the 'Homebound Meal Program' have been delivered, the bus will then return those seniors needing transportation to their homes.
We welcome you as a full time or back-up participant. (Back-up participants are those who can't come everyday, but are welcomed in the program.)
VALLEY SENIOR CENTER ADVISORY BOARD AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
Name Phone Ron Fancher, Point of Contact 706-773-7585 R. Fancher Wanda Phipps 334-756-3201 Contact Jimmy Gilson, Council Representative 334-756-6019 J. Gilson Marilyn Suttles 706-518-0022 M. Suttles Rev. Perry Duffey 334-756-3887 P Duffey Ernestine McCants 334-756-9061 Contact Janne Angus 334-756-2934 J Angus
Senior Center Contacts
Senior Center Contact Numbers:
- Phone: 334-756-5265
- Fax: 334-756-5245
- Address: 504 Combs Street (Mapquest)
Ron Fancher, Center Manager
- Phone: 706-773-7585
- Email: Ron Fancher