November 28th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 11/29/2016 2:10 pm
Rating: 0 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its second meeting of November on Monday, November 28, 2016, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Leonard Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Lana Wiggins and Councilmember Henry Cooper led the Pledge of Allegiance.
All councilmembers were present.
During the Mayor’s communications, Valerie Walton of the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama presented Mayor Riley with a certificate naming the Valley Industrial Park as an Alabama Advantage Site.
The November 28th financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance.................. $3,986,393.33
- Total deposits all funds......................................... $1,025,472.05
- Total expenditures all funds.................................... $875,327.32
- Total on-hand all funds......................................... $4,136,538.06
The following actions were taken by the city council at the November 28th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from the October 24th and November 7th council meeting
- Accepted the November 28th financial audit report
- Approved unanimously, with Councilmember Maddux abstaining, Resolution 16-158R accepting a bid from Yates Printing, Lanett, Alabama for the printing of the City’s business supplies and correspondence. This was the only bid received
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-159R authorizing Police Chief Tommy Weldon to seek bids for a replacement vehicle for the City’s Animal Control Vehicle
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-160R accepting the bid of $24,688.14 from King Ford, Valley, Alabama, for a 2017 Police Package 4-door Sedan. This was the only bid received
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-161R accepting a quote from Chris Clark Grading for the re-paving of 55th Street from Fob James Drive to the entry to the Red Roof Inn at a cost of $23,000 and the cul-de-sac at the Medical Park at a cost of $16,000
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-162R authorizing Mayor Riley to enter into a contract with Alabama Power to assume the responsibility of the monthly costs for the new lighting installed at Exit 77 on I-85 that is physically located on the Valley side of I-85
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-163R setting January 1, 2017 as the effective date for a rate increase previously approved in Resolution 16-155R
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-164R amending the contract with Complete Forestry Service, Inc for selling marketable timber at the Valley Industrial Park
- Heard the 1st Reading of Ordinance 16-14 that designates Valley EMS as the Medical Service for emergency and non-emergency calls within the city limits and establishes rules and regulations for private and municipal emergency and non-emergency transport vehicles in the City
Mayor Riley made the following announcements
- A brief ceremony would be held after council meeting for the official lighting of the City’s Christmas Tree and Lights
- The first council meeting for December would be Monday, December 5 at 6:00PM
- The second council meeting for December would be Monday, December 12 at 6:00PM
Council adjourned at 6:27PM.