- 54,000 sq. ft
- Tobacco free facility
- Features a 25-yard, 8-lane indoor competition pool for swim meets and swimmers with a zero-depth entry for wheelchairs and non-swimmers
- 2 racquetball courts
- Free weight and machine weight room
- 2 basketball courts
- Walking/running track
- Mult-purpose community room
- Meeting rooms
- Catering kitchen
- Administrative offices for the City of Valley Parks and Recreation Department
In addition, the Tennis Complex, which has 6 tennis courts, is located across from the Community Center.
Valley's Community Center has received the Alabama Recreation and Parks Association District V Award and the Alabama Recreation & Parks Association 2003 - State Outstanding New Facility Award for a city with a population of 15,000 or less.
Valley's Community Center is designated by the American Red Cross as a Disaster Relief Center.
- Monday-Friday: 5:00am-9:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am-8:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Veterans Day (11/11/14) 7:00am-4:00pm*
- Thanksgiving Day (11/27/14) Closed
- Black Friday (11/28/14) 7:00am-4:00pm*
- Christmas Eve (12/24) Closed
- Christmas Day (12/25) Closed
- December 26th: 7:00am - 7:00pm*
- New Year's Eve (12/31) 7am-4pm*
- New Year's Day (1/1/15) Closed
*Pool hours - 11:00am-1:00pm
$7 - Children (14 & under)
$10 - Adults (15 & over)
The River Rat Clubhouse
Bring your child to The River Rat Clubhouse and they can play while you work out. Registration must be made 24 hours in advance to insure adequate staffing. Punch cards are available.
$2 per hour Community Center Members
$5 per hour Non-members
Punch cards: $20 for 12 visits
Volunteers are always welcome and needed for special events or for daily activities. Coaches for the youth atheletics and workers for the Senior Masters Games are examples of how a person could give a little of themselves in helping others by volunteering. You can inquire at the Community Center about being a volunteer. Try it, it'll make you feel good about yourself.
Personal Fitness Trainer
Personal Fitness Trainer Lantorrance Rudd can help you achieve your fitness goals.
RATES Members $20 per hour Non-Members $30 per hour Seniors $10 per hour Teen Weight Training (Member) $15 Teen Weight Training (Non-Member) $25
Teen Weight Training Classes (Ages 11-14) is a 2-hour class that allows teens the opportunity to learn the proper way to use the weight room equipment. Once they have completed the course they will be able to workout in the machine weight room only (no free weights).