- 54,000 sq. ft
- Tobacco free facility
- Features a 25-yard, 8-lane indoor competition pool for swim meets and swimmers with a zero-depth entry for wheelchairs and non-swimmers
- 2 racquetball courts
- Free weight and machine weight room
- 2 basketball courts
- Walking/running track
- Mult-purpose community room
- Meeting rooms
- Catering kitchen
- Administrative offices for the City of Valley Parks and Recreation Department
In addition, the Tennis Complex, which has 6 tennis courts, is located across from the Community Center.
Valley's Community Center has received the Alabama Recreation and Parks Association District V Award and the Alabama Recreation & Parks Association 2003 - State Outstanding New Facility Award for a city with a population of 15,000 or less.
Valley's Community Center is designated by the American Red Cross as a Disaster Relief Center.
Community Center Fall Hours (Nov 29th - Jan 3):
- Monday-Friday: 5:00am-9:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am-8:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00pm-5:00pm
Fall Holiday Hours:
- Christmas Eve (12/24/15): Closed
- Christmas Day (12/25/15) Closed
- New Year's Eve (12/31/15) 1AM - 4PM
- New Year's Day (1/1/16) Closed
$7 - Children (14 & under)
$10 - Adults (15 & over)
Volunteers are always welcome and needed for special events or for daily activities. Coaches for the youth atheletics and workers for the Senior Masters Games are examples of how a person could give a little of themselves in helping others by volunteering. You can inquire at the Community Center about being a volunteer. Try it, it'll make you feel good about yourself.